The Pregnant Parenting Intervention (PPI) program provides Intervention services aimed at reducing the impact, severity, and cost associated with a substance exposed pregnancy to the mother and child dyad and their Families by offering comprehensive Case Management services, Community-Based linkage and retention services, supports for family members/significant others and Evidenced-Informed education for mothers who report a past and/or present Substance Use Disorder (SUD) diagnosis.
The Care Manager will work directly with pregnant women, who reside in Texas, who report a past or present SUD, and her family members. The Case Manager will work with Child Protective Services, treatment centers and other community-based organizations in Bexar County to deliver intervention outreach services. This is a five-year grant funded program.
- Screen program participants to ensure that required program criteria are met.
- Complete assessments for Parents referred to PPI Program.
- Create service plan for Parents enrolled in PPI Program.
- Create referrals and follow ups to other social services for Parents in PPI Program as part of their continuum of care.
- Provide Case Management for Parents to ensure wrap around services are obtained.
- Provides both monthly, quarterly, and annual written and oral reports concerning program activities and evaluation information to the Program Director.
- Attends staff meetings and works with Director on process, outcome, evaluation, and the development of activities to meet program goals.
- Provides both written and oral reports concerning program activities and evaluation information to the Program Director.
- Learn and thoroughly understand the philosophy of the Council, its programs and services and resources available offenders, spouses, and children.
- Provide education support included but not limited to, tobacco cessation, life skills training, overdose prevention education, substance use and trauma, and aspects of prenatal and postpartum care.
- Facilitate contacts with other people to promote learning of social and recreational skills, create community and acquire a sense of belonging.
- Work independently in community settings, including surrounding counties, with drop-in hours.
- Integrate strength and evidence-based practices into daily interactions with Parents.
- Provide responsible documentation of services provided in client record.
- Attend ongoing training as required by Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of psychology, social and/or human services, or related discipline.
- A minimum of (3) years’ demonstrated experience in client case-management.
- A minimum of one (3) year demonstrated experience in conducting presentations, group facilitation, training, or teaching adults.
- A minimum of one (3) years’ demonstrated experience in working with parents and families.
- Extensive knowledge in Substance Abuse Education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community-based social and human services systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of chemical dependency.
- Experience working with Child Protective Services and culturally diverse populations.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Criminal Justice System a plus.
- Excellent Oral, Written, and Case Management Skills required.
- Must be able to lift, pull, and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation and provide your own transportation to and from schools and community assignments.
- Willingness to submit to pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to work occasional outdoor activities and handle outdoor environmental elements.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when needed.
In addition to the above, the Case Manager shall demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and goals of the San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Awareness and a level of energy commensurate with the Council’s expectations.
TRAVEL: Local travel is required weekly about 30-40% of the time (mileage reimbursed)
OUT OF TOWN TRAVEL: 5% for conferences, or occasional meeting within state.
TO APPLY: Email Gloria Solis at email@example.com your resume and completed SACADA Employment Application or fax to 210-225-4768.