The Recovery Coach is responsible for the engagement and linking of individuals prior to, during and after treatment and providing recovery support services to reduce the incidence of relapse. The goal of this position is to extend the reach of traditional treatment services beyond the clinical setting into the everyday environment of individuals seeking to achieve or sustain recovery from a Substance Use Disorder (SUD).
- Demonstrate empathy, caring, and concern to bolster person’s self-esteem and confidence.
- Assist individuals in the development of goals and recovery action plans.
- Provide concrete assistance to help individuals accomplish tasks such as obtaining transportation, employment, health care, child care, & life skills training.
- Facilitate contacts with other people to promote learning of social and recreational skills, create community, and acquire a sense of belonging.
- Work independently in community settings with flexible working hours.
- Integrate strength and evidence-based practices into daily interactions with peers.
- Provide responsible documentation of services provided in client record.
- Attend ongoing training as required by supervisor.
- Must have a minimum of 24 months in recovery outside a structured living environment such as jail, prison or institution.
- If in recovery, documentation of treatment completion or demonstration of mature and healthy coping skills.
- Willingness to submit to a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have transportation.
- Basic computer skills in Word and Outlook.
- Ability to attend 40 hours of training in peer coach/recovery training and to work 40 hours weekly.
Will receive training in these areas
- The Stage of Change Theory, Motivational Interviewing, Contingency Management, and Cognitive Behavioral Techniques.
- Behavioral problem-solving techniques for addiction treatment.
- Principles of recovery from SUD or mental illness.
- Case Management activities and knowledge of community resources for social support
- Knowledge of mutual-help groups, their functions, values/beliefs and how to access.
Use the form below to provide us your information and Resume/CV file.
Send your resume and this SACADA Employment Application Form (Fillable PDF) completed, via Email Gloria Solis at email@example.com or fax them to 210-225-4768.
SACADA is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.