POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for planning, development, implementation, and tracking of SACADA’s marketing strategies, and messaging. The position will require the individuals to lead the implementation of the Marketing Plan approved by Board Marketing Committee.
The San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Awareness (SACADA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, which has been serving our community since 1957. With a continuum of services ranging from prevention, intervention to recovery, our goal is to promote health and wellness. Our dedicated team serves over 100,000 adults and children every year.
- Implement marketing strategies as outlined by the Board of Directors Development/Marketing Committee, CEO, COO, and Development Director
- Provide CEO/COO/Development Director weekly and monthly reports of proposed and pending individual/corporate donation requests
- Update Website and other social media platforms to promote agency and showcase new funders
- Marketing of the education classes (First Friday Workshops, MIP, DWI, ADAEP, Marijuana Awareness Education) and other revenue opportunities
- Visit judges, attorneys, etc. to market SACADA’s education classes
- Graphics and designing of marketing materials as needed
- Film videos by staff as needed for program promotion
- Photograph staff, Board of Directors, and events as needed
- Assist Development Director with procuring sponsors and attendees for all fundraising events
- Schedule media interviews for CEO and write Press Releases as needed
- Must learn all SACADA programs and can demonstrate expertise to outside entities as needed
- Assist with health fairs and community events as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field
- Must have 3-5 years experience in nonprofit development, marketing and/or fundraising
- Have excellent computer skills, website, and social media platform experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Excel, Office 365, Outlook, WordPress, Canva, Zoom, Microsoft Teams
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Effectively work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be creative and have strong time management skills
- Proven experience in successfully securing major and planned gifts
- Sales experience
- Good time management skills
- Have a valid, current Texas Driver’s License, a reliable vehicle and vehicle insurance
- Lift, push or pull up to 30 pounds
- Will be required to bend, stoop, or climb stairs in the usual course of a work environment either at the facility, at a school, or community location
Full-time position (40 hours per week). This position may require some weekend and after-hours work.
• 13.34 hours per week on social media/sponsorships for events/outside donations.
• 13.33 hours per week on marketing & procuring participants for Education classes
• 13.33 hours per week on Youth Prevention, split between Elementary/Middle School and High School
In addition to working in the general community, SACADA staff may need to work from home as assigned due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic. Staff will follow any guidelines provided by SACADA as updated based on COVID-19 status in the community. However, any request from their supervisor to work in the office as needed on a specific assignment supersedes the guidelines until assignment is complete.
The Marketing Specialist will be reimbursed for local travel at the rate per mile as dictated by State Contracts. Approved out of town travel for SACADA’s purposes will be reimbursed, if approved or required.
In addition to the above, the Marketing Specialist shall demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and goals of the San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Awareness and a level of energy commensurate with the Council’s expectations.
Use the form below to provide us your information and Resume/CV file.
Send your resume and this SACADA Employment Application Form (Fillable PDF) completed, via Email Gloria Solis at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 210-225-4768.
SACADA is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
January 7, 2022