Ways to Give to SACADA
The San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (SACADA) is a 501 c(3) not for profit organization started in November 1957. SACADA offers many ways to impact our funding needs. Gifts may be made via different methods. Listed below are the many ways through which you may make a gift.
For any questions, contact Velda Schalk, Development Coordinator, at (210) 225-4741 ext. 5041 or email VSchalk@SACADA.org.
Cash/Check is the most common type of charitable gift to SACADA. Cash contributions are deductible and result in tax savings. Checks should be made payable to the San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse and mailed to 7500 US Highway 90 W, Suite 201, San Antonio, Texas 78227.
Be sure to indicate the purpose of your gift on the check or in a cover letter (i.e., event tickets, event sponsorships, program, etc.). SACADA will gladly accept cash gifts – however, we do not recommend mailing cash via postal service or courier. To make a donation using cash, please bring it directly to our office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
To make a donation online via credit card or PayPal, complete our ONLINE DONATION FORM. Please remember to indicate the purpose of your gift.
If you do not choose to make a credit card payment online, you may contact Velda Schalk at (210) 233-5880 with the name printed on your card, your number, card type (Visa, MasterCard, etc.), expiration date, card security code, and amount of your donation. We will also need the purpose of the donation. SACADA knows some are concerned about credit card fraud and stolen numbers. Please know that once this information is given out, all information is destroyed.
Thousands of companies offer to match their employee’s charitable contributions, which can double and sometimes triple your donation. Some require forms to be completed by the employee. Others have automated programs that only require a phone call. Most corporations have guidelines that the non-profit organization and employee must meet before a donation is matched. You company’s Benefits or HR Department can give you more information about their program and should also have the proper forms to complete.
Mail your form, along with your contribution to SACADA’s Development Office. We will verify your matching gift eligibility and return the form to your employer.
The goal of an endowment fund is to ensure a robust savings account in which the principal will grow from contributions and sound investments. The interest will provide a stable, long-term source of income to support general operating of SACADA.
Memorials and Honorary Gifts
Donations to SACADA may be made in memory of or in honor of someone who was/is special in your life.
• Maybe you have a loved one who has struggled or is currently struggling with substance misuse and SACADA has/is helping.
• Maybe there is a Prevention Specialist or a Recovery Coach who made a huge impact on your life.
• Maybe there is someone special in your life that is passionate about SACADA and work we do in prevention, intervention, or recovery services.
SACADA has implemented a MEMORIAL PERPETUAL PLAQUE and an HONORARIUM PERPETUAL PLAQUE to be displayed in the front office. Names will be engraved on a name plate for donations of $100 or more (one-time or cumulative). The family of the deceased and/or the honoree will be notified of your generous donation (no amounts will be given).
A planned gift is a contribution that is arranged in the present and allocated at a future date. Commonly donated through a will, bequest, life insurance, or trust. Planned gifts are most often granted once the donor has passed away. Remembering the San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse through planned giving is a meaningful way to help continue our work in prevention, intervention, and recovery to make our community a better place in which to live.
SACADA holds two major fundraisers each year. In June, the annual Pars for Prevention Charity Golf Tournament is held. In October, coinciding with National Red Ribbon Week, SACADA holds the annual Red Ribbon Luncheon. Ticket sales, sponsorships, auction, and raffle tickets may be purchased for both events. The luncheon always has a notable Keynote Speaker.
Additional Ways to Support SACADA
- AmazonSmile. While shopping for things and/or gifts you may need, please consider going to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/74-1340188. You’ll find great items and SACADA will receive a donation.
- Valero Texas Open: Birdies for Charity. At the beginning of the year, you may make a donation to Birdies for Charity on behalf of SACADA through the Valero Texas Open and 100% of your donation will come to SACADA. You will also be eligible to win prizes for your donation from the Valero Texas Open, typically held in April.
- The Big Give. The Big Give is South Central Texas’ 4-hour online day of online giving fueled by the power of generous donors, creative nonprofits, social media, collaboration, and you! The goal of the Big Give is to support the nonprofits in our region that are committed to making South Central Texas a great place to live, work, and play.
- Gifts-in-Kind. Gifts in-kind offset expenses and can include arts and craft supplies, board games, paints, costumes, audio/visual equipment, healthy snacks for children, beverages and bottled water, backpacks, school supplies, and so much more!
Search this Site
Join our Team
Follow Us on Social Media
Jun 2018Alcohol Awareness (MIP) Course - Jun 2nd & 3rd
06/02/2018 - 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
DWI Education Class (1st Offense) - Sunday
06/03/2018 - 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Alcohol Awareness (MIP) Course - Jun 2nd & 3rd
06/03/2018 - 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Circles of San Antonio Community Coalition Meeting
06/13/2018 - 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Pars for Prevention Charity Golf Tournament
06/18/2018 - 6:30 am - 2:00 pm
Jul 2018SACADA Closed in Observance of Independence Day
07/04/2018 - All Day
DWI Education Class (1st Offense) - Friday
07/06/2018 - 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
DWI Education Class (1st Offense) - Saturday
07/07/2018 - 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Alcohol Awareness (MIP) Course - Jul 7th & 8th
07/07/2018 - 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
DWI Education Class (1st Offense)- Sunday
07/08/2018 - 9:00 am - 1:00 pm